Thursday, July 30, 2009

Poptropica-how Do I Open The Secret Cave

Se c'è un elefante nella stanza, è meglio presentarlo

A year ago, July 25, 2008, died Randy Pausch, a professor of computer science at Carnegie Mellon University. He was the father of three children. His last testimony was "The Last Lecture" speech that takes place before his death, if you know you have to die.
What we will talk to our children when we leave? What
leave their inheritance? Text

last lesson: If
There is an elephant in the room, it is better to appear

"I will tell you that I held a conference in September. At the University of Carnegie Mellon, there is an academic tradition called the" Last Lecture ": if you knew you're going to hypothetically die and had to take one last lecture, what would you say to your students? For me this is not hypothetical. There's an elephant in the room: I defeated a pancreatic cancer, but now is back after surgery, chemotherapy, radiation. I doctors have told me that there's nothing left to do and I have only a few months of life.
These are my TAC and show that pancreatic cancer has expanded to liver con una decina di tumori. A me questo non piace. Io ho tre bambini piccoli, sia chiaro: mi fa schifo. Ma non posso fare niente per evitare il fatto che morirò. Sto seguendo i trattamenti medici, ma so benissimo come andrà a finire questo film. E non posso controllare le parti della storia solo movendo le mani.
Se non vi sembro abbastanza triste per la mia situazione, me ne scuso. Ma ho deciso di non essere oggetto di pietà. Infatti anche se sto per morire presto, sono molto forte fisicamente. Probabilmente più forte della maggior parte delle persone che sono in questa sala.
Vivere i sogni dell'infanzia

Quindi oggi non parleremo della morte, parleremo della vita e di come viverla. Nello specifico, di sogni d’infanzia and how to achieve them. I can say I had a childhood happy. Covering the photo albums I have to say that I could not find a photo where you were not laughing. I had a really happy childhood. I dreamed, I dreamed of forever. It was an easy time to dream. When you turn on the TV and see the men land on the moon, anything is possible, and we should never lose that spirit.
What were my dreams as a child? Playing in the NFL, the National Footbal League. This is one of those dreams that I made. And it is important to point this out because even if you can not realize a dream, you can get a lot trying to make it happen. There is a saying that I love: "The experience is what you get when you do not get what you want. "
I played in a league for a long time. I had a great coach, Jim Gram. He was a coach in the old way, and while we were training scold me all the time: So for all two hours. And at the end of a workout, one of his assistants said, 'Coach Gram is very hard on you! " I said. "Yes." He said, "When you do a job and nobody got hurt I Said So, it means that you have surrendered to you, when someone continues to correct for two hours, it is because he wants you to do better."
The next dream is to "Walt Disney Imagineering." When I was eight, my family took me to Disneyland, in California. It was an incredible experience: walking, the shows, attractions. I said, 'Wow, I'd like to build things like that when I grow up. " So I graduated and tried to join the group of people who create the magic. What I got was a lovely rejection letter. I look at this point still, it gives such an inspiration! These things go, I worked hard and became a young research engineer in my visual faculties. This is me. I developed skills that were valid for Disney, and I found the opportunity to work there and be part of the fictional group where he worked in "Walk on the magic carpet of Aladdin." I took away more fifteen years and many attempts to do so. I learned that when a wall comes our way is for a reason, is not there to prevent us from doing something, but because we can show how much we want that thing.
The importance of having good parents

What dreams would you like to accomplish? There I suggest one: to have good parents! I have large parents. This is my mother in her seventieth birthday. I'm the one on the blue car and have just been lapped. This is my father on his eightieth birthday. Always lived with a feeling of happiness, always. Happiness is an emotion that should never leave.
My dad: that amazing man! He made World War II, was part of the Greatest Generation. Sadly my father died a year ago, and that was when my mother felt in his things that he discovered that during World War II received a bronze medal for valor. In fifty years of marriage, never showed it. It 's a great message of humility that I learned from my father.
Now my mother: mothers are those people who love you even when the pull her hair. This is the kind of relationship I had with my mother. And speaking of humility, she was always there to keep order. When I was in graduate school, I had exams really hard. And I was sitting at home worrying about how hard they were testing for the doctorate. My mother I said: "We know how you feel. Just remember that at your age your father was fighting against the Germans in World War II." The day I graduated was very proud, and my mom introduced me to everyone saying: "This is my son is a doctor, but not those that help people." Probably one of the most important things that my parents did, was that they let me paint the walls of my bedroom. One day I told them I wanted to paint things on the walls and they said: "Ok." I painted a spaceship, we lived on a ranch and put a lift to see where it would take me, you can see that I was a nerd, I put a quadratic equation. But the great thing was that I let her do. They thought that I leave I were expressing my creativity was more important to have a clean wall. I was truly blessed to have parents who think so. My parents taught me to respect people more than things. When I bought my car I was very excited, shone incredibly. These are my grandchildren, Christopher and Lara. Every month I took them away for a weekend to give breath to my sister and her husband. And before you get on my new car my sister kept saying, "This car is the new Uncle Randy. I would not recommend sporcatela, etc..." And they laughed, because behind him in the meantime I had opened a can and I was knocking on the careless sedili posteriori. Lei corse verso di me gridandomi: "Cosa stai facendo?!" Le dissi: "È una 'cosa', soltanto una 'cosa'". Ne fui molto orgoglioso perché alla fine della settimana mentre stavamo tornando a casa, mio nipote si sentì male e vomitò tutto sui sedili posteriori della mia auto; e non mi importa quanto valore potesse avere una cosa pulita e brillante, perché non è paragonabile a quanto mi sono sentito bene sapendo di non aver fatto sentire in colpa un bambino di otto anni solo perché aveva il raffreddore.
Divertiti e mostra gratitudine

Il prossimo: è meglio che tu decida presto di essere “Tiger” o “Igor”. Tiger è energetico, ottimista, curioso, enthusiastic and fun, and never, never underestimate the importance of having fun! I'm going to die soon, and I decided to have fun today, tomorrow and every day I have left.
If you want to achieve your dreams, it is better you play honestly with others. One piece of advice is difficult to follow is to tell the truth. Second thing: apologize when you're wrong! A good excuse is made up of three parts: "I'm sorry," "It was my fault," "What can I do about it? Most people miss the third part, is why you can tell who is sincere. The last thing is that we all have people or things that we do not like. I've never met people who are totally bad. If you wait a sufficienza, ti mostrano il loro lato buono. Non puoi affrettare la cosa, ma puoi essere paziente.
Mostra la gratitudine: quando raggiunsi i dieci anni come membro della facoltà, avevo ragazzi nel mio laboratorio di ricerca e li portai una settimana a Disneyworld a mie spese. I miei colleghi mi dissero: "Ti sarà costato un sacco; perché l’hai fatto?". Risposi: "Questi ragazzi hanno lavorato per me giorno e notti per anni e grazie a loro ho ottenuto il miglior lavoro della mia vita. Quindi, perché non avrei dovuto farlo?" La gratitudine è una cosa molto semplice e potente.
Ultima cosa: non credo che preoccuparsi di tutto risolva veramente i problemi. Questo è Jackie Robinson, il primo giocatore nero della Major League, and was written in his contract that he should not complain if people spit on them. No matter if you are Jackie Robinson, or someone like me who still has a few months to live. You can choose to use the time you have left to energy and effort, or spend it worrying about, or spend it playing the game hard, which probably would help you more.
I told you that this conference was a part of the university, and it is important to me because I held this conference. The conference is not only about how to achieve childhood dreams. It is much more than that, it's like to live your life, because if you live your life the right way, the results will take care of them by alone. The dreams will come to you. "If you live properly dreams will come to you."
would be great if some people drew benefit from this conference, but the reality is that I have held this conference for four hundred people came to the University. I have held this conference for only three people because when they grow up can see it. Thank you. " Randy Pausch

0 comments:

Post a Comment